Ubuntu Toronto Marketing Campaign

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Mon Sep 4 15:10:36 UTC 2006

Dave Sullivan wrote:
> The Toronto team is organizing a marketing campaign event that will take
> place toward the end of September or early October. On the date, which
> is to be announced, we will hit the streets with a box of Ubuntu CDs in
> our hands and Ubuntu Canada t-shirts on our backs, and we'll spread the
> word by handing out CDs and raising awareness for Open Source Software.

   I am wondering if at least part of this campaign can coincide with
CopyCamp http://copycamp.ca/ (September 28-30), and that the Ryerson
campus could be one of the targets.  It may also be worth talking to
organizers to find out about having a table at the event, if this isn't
already being done.

   Are any of the other people in this list attending?  I will be there,
likely hosting 3 different discussions (I start the talks, but this is
an "unconference) on "Protecting property rights in the digital age" (A
"DRM" talk based on http://www.flora.ca/documents/digital-ownership.html
), on Cryptography, and on analyzing the full spectrum of business
models for creativity.

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://www.digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/

   manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
   portable media player from my cold dead hands!"