computers seeking good home(s) - Toronto

Ralph Pichie thevillagegeek at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 20:29:47 UTC 2006

I may have two refurbished computers to donate to a worthy cause, if I
cannot sell them this weekend. I'm giving other *nix users a chance at them
first.

These are late 90s vintage desktops that can run Windows 2000 or, more
sanely, Xubuntu, DSL, Puppy or another light distro. Thin clients are a
definite possibility, as are dual-boot systems.

Keyboard, mouse, cdrom, NIC, monitor, sound, USB, etc.,  included. 128 mb
RAM, Celeron 450 or PII 350, 6-10 gb hard drives.

I've tried to donate these to some native orgs, but it's too much work right
now. I'd really like to hear from somebody working with a good charity. If
you have a penguin-friendly ear, I may have the hardware for you.

Let me know if you are interested.

The Village Geek