Linux in Africa (via Victoria)

David J Patrick djp at linuxcaffe.ca
Tue Oct 3 11:43:59 UTC 2006

On 03/10/06, Brian Burger <blurdesign at gmail.com> wrote:
> Back in late Jan/06 our local LUG - Victoria Linux User's Group - had an
> InstallFest up at the University of Victoria. We had an African guy who came
> in with the older desktop PC; he was the only one to actually go to the
> trouble of bringing a desktop to the Fest.
-=snip=-
> This isn't an Ubuntu story as such, just a cool "unexpected Linux" story.

EXTREMELY COOL !
I wonder what the hard costs of the setup would be ?
please keep us in the loop with any follow-up / documentation you
might recieve.
We have many radio/linux operators/enthusiasts, visiting the caffe,
and I imagine that this sort of thing is something we could assemble,
configure, ship out, and make a real difference to distant
communities.. if so inclined..

djp at linuxcaffe.ca
www.linuxcaffe.ca
geek chic and caffe cachet