Difference Between Automatix and EasyUbuntu (was Re: Newbie Wurkshop)

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 04:52:16 UTC 2006

<snip>

> > Rene, I find your tone rude and insulting.
>
> Well, I must be taking a page from your behaviour. I know, I know, I
> said that I wouldn't post again on the topic of my being banned from the
> IRC channels. BUT, that was after you elitists handed out the 1 week ban
> as YOUR verdict in this whole affair. I was prepared to sit through this
> banning and get my chance to both appeal and expose you IRC Ops
> behaviour before the Community Council.  Following that unfair verdict,
> I lived up to my part of the bargain. But enough is enough already!
>
> We're way way past a week now and I'm still banned! You guys are either
> incompetent, uncaring, or worse, outright liars. It's now 12 days since
> Seveas banned me! I've logged all attempts to get on to those channels
> since your verdict came down. You suggested my only recourse was to take
> my plight to the Community Council which has yet to schedule its next
> meeting. The longer this drags on like this, both the more offended I'm
> becoming and the more you guys are exposing yourselves to be in
> contravention of the so-called "Code of Conduct". Justice delayed is no
> justice!
>
> http://w-3productions.com/ubuntucommunity.html
>
> Cheers,
> Rene

Rene,

I am laying down the line here: If you bring this issue up again in
this venue I will remove you from this mailing list. It is disruptive.
You have essentially hijacked this thread and I will not allow it to
continue.

The Community Council has not met because it is currently in
transition to a new membership. It has nothing to do with me, the IRC
ops, or anybody on this list.

Lastly, I have been informed you have been unbanned from the IRC channels.

Corey