KDE and Gnome.....

Scott slewin at rogers.com
Thu Nov 16 03:31:21 UTC 2006

Chris Styve wrote:
> I'm fairly new to Linux and have installed Ubuntu on my home desktop as
> an alternative to MS Windows.  What I would like to know is can I have
> an installation of both the Gnome and KDE desktops and select which
> desktop I wish to use when starting a session?
Yes, defiantly, and it is easy too.  You could even have more desktops,
like XFce or IceWM, if you wanted a light desktop as well.  When you
install the package for both desktops you should see a choice of
desktops when you login.  You can also choose what is the default
desktop here as well.

--
Your friend,
Scott