Wireless network card.

Peter Nearing pnearing at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 03:07:00 UTC 2006

Hey,

	I would like to start off by saying hi, and Introducing myself.  I have been using Ubuntu for about 2 years now at home, and for about a year and a half professionally (I am an admin for a professor at Queens U).

	I never really had the need for a wireless network card, since I have always been able to make due without, but since my other job keeps me traveling now, I have wanted to get a wireless pcmcia card for my laptop working.  I have tried 2 already, a linksys WPC54G, and a netgear WG511, and I haven't been able to get either working under breezy.  So instead of trying to muck around too much, I figure that it would be easier just to get a new one, that will work nativly, or as nativly as possible under linux.  This is where I hope that the user base at large can help :), so on to the question, what card would be best to get, as plug and play as possible, and hopefully not requireing ndiswrappers?  Thanx for your time.

Peter N.