An Appeal for Help and a Fair Hearing

Dave Sullivan dave at dave-sullivan.com
Tue Nov 7 00:54:05 UTC 2006

If you are not prepared to accept "nazi" as a bad word, then perhaps you
are not prepared to participate in a community which spans the globe.
Whether you think it's offensive or not, the fact is, people are
offended by it. Period.

Also, the community council is not some bureaucracy run by "so-called
OPs". The community council is composed of veteran Ubuntu/Debian
hackers/developers/community members, as well as Mark Shuttleworth
himself. I agree that the proper procedure for resolving this issue
would've been approaching the people in #ubuntu-ops nicely, and if that
had failed, bringing it to the attention of the community council.