[Fwd: An Appeal for Help and a Fair Hearing]

rbil rbil at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 6 22:03:34 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-11 at 16:38 -0500, F. Rodriguez wrote:
> rbil wrote:
> > The attached email was supposed to go out to the Canadian Ubuntu Users
> > mailing list, but I guess I screwed up. Here it is.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rene
> >

> Rene,
>
> In my short IRC experience, the minute - no wait, THE SECOND you use any
> remotely offensive word and follow up calling people a**holes like you
> did, will never help keeping you online.

Well, I guess we differ. Fascist slime balls like that can well be
called a**holes when they jump into channels and promote racism. Please
re-read the logs. See 2 attempts to get unbanned or an explanation for
the banning before ever resorting to using the term a**hole (yes spelled
like that) was ever used by me. You are obviously missing the point.

> If anyone's trolling, it is a
> lot of people's job *except you* to comment on it, except to report it
> to OPs.

Then there should be obvious OPs within those channels. Just in case you
haven't noticed, these channels report 0 ops and the oversear only
raises his status to op when he's ready to boot someone apparently.

I've been in that channel long enough to see plenty of racist/fascist
types spew their crap and no op in site to deal with it. Even pleading
by folks to have someone do something about them when this happens.

> The Ubuntu Develop Summit and all the activity regarding the recent Edgy
> release may not have helped the OPs have patience with you.

Maybe? Are you trying to justify their actions or what? They have
patience with me! Now that is a good one. Geez.

> I would say for the time being change your nick and "behave", however
> you want to define that. I don't think this is CC material, just my opinion.

I'm not going to lie my way back into that channel. Why do I need to be
dishonest to get into a channel that I should never have been kicked out
of in the first place?

That was the point of my whole reason for bringing up this episode! Is
this the way the Ubuntu community is supposed to be behaving? I
certainly hope not.

BTW, still no replies from the OPs.

Cheers,
Rene