Unable to open files on network (windows) shares

Jeff Pickersgill pickersgil at hhsc.ca
Wed May 17 15:58:01 UTC 2006

Hi Everyone
I have been using Ubuntu for several months (5.10 now up to 6.06) and
have come across a problem that I can't resolve. I have several work
related, Windows generated, files that I have saved on windows network
shares. When I try to open or move or copy them I get a failure message
to the affect that the operation can't be performed as the file I am
trying to access is not a directory.
Does anyone have any ideas.
If I go to my windows machine (which I just hate doing) and copy the
files to a flash drive, I have no problem accessing them with my Ubuntu
box.
Thanks
Jeff

This information is directed in confidence solely to the person named above and may not otherwise be distributed, copied or disclosed.  Therefore, this information should be considered strictly confidential. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately via a return email for further direction. Thank you for your assistance.