ideas for the purpose of ubuntu-ca

David Giard swe3tdave at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 20:15:34 UTC 2006

i got my own idea about the purpose of ubuntu-ca. I think that the
purpose of a LoCoTeam is to get Ubuntu closer to its population and
Ubuntu Canada is too big for that. It should be a focus point where
smaller groups could meet.

We need to create smaller groups within Ubuntu-Canada that would be
working to get ubuntu closer to the population.

Ubuntu Quebec is a good example, within 2 month, we got more than 40
new users on the Ubuntu-Qc.org web site. The tool i founded that
attracked a lot of people is the map of Ubuntu-Qc members, it is
simple to do with the Google Maps API and its nice to actually see
where we are.

I was able to take a coffe with 2 other members that live in my town
(Sherbrooke). It was very nice to talk to them, face to face. It
seemed like it was the purpose of Ubuntu's LoCoTeams to create such
event so that we dont forget that we are Human Beings, and as so,
sometimes we need to get out of our computer chair.

David Giard
Ubuntu-Quebec