Utility for testing cdroms

David Giard swe3tdave at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 04:15:13 UTC 2006

Hi, i'm studying in a school affiliated with "Computer For School:
http://cfs-ope.ic.gc.ca/" and we use Nero CD Speed to test all cdrom
drives.

They created a script that open nero cd speed & open the cd drive
after windows is started. Then we just have to insert the test cd and
click start. After the test is done, a double click on another script,
the cd drive open and the pc is shut down. We usually have enough time
to take the test cd out and close back the drive before the pc
actually power off. We have two computers dedicated to test cd-rom
drive that way.

i know its not perfect, and its not Linux. So if you find something
better, please let me know.

David