Backward Compatability?

crazydoode at gmail.com crazydoode at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 17:20:42 UTC 2006

Alfred, the definitive answer is: maybe.

The kernels are different, the compiler is different, the libraries are
different. It really depends on the program. If it's a simple "Hello world",
than yes they could be forced and still work, it's its a more complicated
program such as a game, word processor or anything else that requires a
specific version of libGTK, or any of the other hundreds of libs
in /usr/lib, /lib, /usr/local/lib, etc, etc.. then no, the program will
probably fail.

Hope this helped.

Patrick