manuals for Xubunt 6.1 desktop i386

Don and/or Mila Trombley donmila at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 21 23:31:40 UTC 2006

I am totally Linux illiterate! In Xubuntu 6.1 are there any manuals, or
documents which I could use for reference in setting up the system, so I
could install my peripherals e.g. mouse, scanner, printer, etc.? If so
how to get at them, as I cannot locate them, nor, move the pointer
around, nor, do I know how to pull up a Directory. I have the system,
loaded onto the hard drive, fired up and the screen saver is now on
displaying the various graphics screens......