Xubuntu 6.06.1 desktop i386

Kyle Vanditmars kylevan at telus.net
Thu Dec 21 07:50:28 UTC 2006

Couldn't you just do a CMOS reset?  Usually there's a jumper you can
short that will reset the BIOS anyway, I would imagine that would
obliterate the password.

Also, to get to single user mode you can simply type "init 1" into one
of the virtual consoles (Ctrl+Alt+F1-F6).  To get back you either logout
or type "init 5" - can't remember which from when I last did that.

-Kyle