Xubunt 6.06.1 desktop i386

Bill Davidson harley7 at cogeco.ca
Sun Dec 17 17:35:31 UTC 2006

Don and/or Mila Trombley wrote:
> In trying to load Xubuntu prior to Installation onto the desktop for my
> Pentium II 333 mhz machine,  the first thing I noticed is: "Unable to
> load RSDP".... What is RSDP,  its function, and where is it located?

It stands for Root System Description Pointer. It has to do with ACPI.
Your system probably doesn't support acpi.

Try typing "acpi=off" or "Boot: acpi=off" when you boot up (without the
quotes). Hopefully that solves your problem. If not, keep trying. We'll
get this thing figured out.

One other thing. If you're not getting enough replies on this list, you
might want to try the ubuntu-users list. Here's the page where you can
sign up: