[ubuntu-ca] Samba, 1 2 3....

Master Cougar master.cougar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 18:20:55 UTC 2006

On 12/14/06, Jim Little <jlittle at orderedbits.com> wrote:

> Quoting Master Cougar:
>

> That should be okay, I assume by hub you mean a NAT switch that is
> allocating
> internal IPs using DHCP?  Make sure you have the firewall feature of that
> switch
> turned on.

  Okay, done.

> You should also see a smbd process.  Use the "testparm" program to check
> your
> samba config, that's likely your problem.  Also look at the smbclient
> program,
> it's quite useful.
>
> eg. "smbclient -L YourServerName"

 Well, this is what I get when I run smbclient -L

marc at marc-desktop:~$ smbclient -L SAMBA24
Error connecting to 192.168.0.100 (Connection refused)
Connection to SAMBA24 failed

192.168.0.100 is my Ubuntu machine

Here is the result of testparm

marc at marc-desktop:~$ testparm
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[pdf-printer]"
Processing section "[marc]"
Processing section "[Videos]"
Loaded services file OK.
WARNING: passdb expand explicit = yes is deprecated
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

[global]
        netbios name = SAMBA24
        server string = CAD architects, Stockholm, east 32nd st, 34th floor
        interfaces = 127.0.0.1/8, 192.168.0.0/24
        guest account = smbguest
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd '%u'
        passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password*
%n\n *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*\n
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        password level = 8
        username level = 8
        log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
        max log size = 1000
        name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g sambamachines -c
'Samba Machine Account' -s /dev/null -M %u
        logon script = %G.bat
        logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u
        logon drive = m:
        logon home = \\%L\homes\%u
        os level = 33
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No
        dns proxy = No
        remote announce = 192.168.0.255
        remote browse sync = 192.168.0.255
        idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
        idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
        template shell = /dev/null
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        hosts allow = 127., 192.168.0.
        printing = cups
        cups options = raw
        print command =
        lpq command = %p
        lprm command =
        preserve case = No

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        path = /home/marc
        read only = No
        locking = No
        share modes = No

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No
        locking = No
        share modes = No

[pdf-printer]
        comment = PDF Printer Service
        path = /tmp
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        printing = bsd
        print command = /usr/bin/gsambadpdf %s %u
        lpq command =
        use client driver = Yes

[marc]
        path = /home/marc