Fwd: Endorsement of petitions by Ubuntu Canada?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Dec 13 15:44:20 UTC 2006

Corey Burger wrote:
> Russel forwarded these on to me. Do you think Ubuntu Canada should put
> our name on these signatures?

Disclaimer: I'm the executive Director of CLUE, and I think this issue
should be of substantial community concern.

I'm more than happy to field questions in the situation. There is an
active and well-funded lobby in Ottawa, run by the publishing
industries, trying hard to get Canada as close to a DMCA-type law as it
can. The enemies of software freedom are much better organized than its
friends.

At very least, be aware. But endorsement would be nicer. :-)

- Evan