newbie

Don and/or Mila Trombley donmila at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 7 16:50:54 UTC 2006

Bill Davidson wrote:
> Don and/or Mila Trombley wrote:
>

>> I am wondering if the Hard drive needs reformatting, and if so, what
>> program and/or switches ( e.g. format/s ) do I need to perform this task?
>> Does Xubuntu have such a disk initialisiing program which I need to
>> utilize, before I am able to install?
>>

> It does need reformatting and ubuntu will do that for you. The installer
> should ask about partitioning the hard drive at some point. It should
> ask if you want to reformat the entire drive, followed by one or more
> advanced options.
>
> Have you reached this point in the installer yet?
>
> Bill

quite frankly, I am getting to the point of wondering if there is
something wrong with the version of Xubuntu 6.08 iso which I burnt onto
the disk.... Just how long does it take to load everything onto the HD,
and get it up and running? This is about the second, or third week of
trying to get it to work on the Pentium 2 machine w/o any success. Don.