interest in NPO registration? facts? has this been discussed b4?

Andrew Hunter andy.hunter at rogers.com
Sun Dec 3 19:35:33 UTC 2006

On Sunday 03 December 2006 13:04, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
<snip>

> In the GTA there are two existing incorporated NPOs who can offer
> occasional services when Ubuntu-Toronto (or any local FOSS group for
> that matter) needs facilities of an incorporated body -- GTALUG
> (incorporated in Ontario) and CLUE (incorporated federally).
>
> In the case of CLUE, one of our first functions was to establish a Linux
> presence at tradeshows such as Comdex Canada on behalf of local user
> groups -- show managers required an incorporated body to sign for the
> space, even though it was donated for free. CLUE has since provided
> similar services to LUGs across the country -- most recently we have
> provided both incorporated-signing-body and banking services for the
> Open Source Weekend event in Ottawa.

This might be necessary for the Canada Linux Expo (I think that is the name).
Also, having a bank account, needed to store things like donations and
sponsorship funding, would be a huge plus.

What is the procedure for obtaining one, either through CLUE or GTALUG?

--
"First, God created idiots. But that was just for practise, then he made
school boards."