Canadian version of Ubuntu

Rob Bowers ribowers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 12:55:42 UTC 2006

Returns:

"I just don't see a good return on investment." (Corey)

I suppose it depends on what sort of return you have in mind...
In my eyes, the potential return is nicely summarised in Darryl's words:
"we want Canadians to know that some of these packages DO NOT BELONG in a
safe. They are only there because of US law. We need to show how our laws
differ from theirs before parliament succeeds in taking this difference away
without anyone noticing!" (Darryl)

What more could we want?

Costs:
I should also admit to not having a clear idea of the costs involved. It had
seemed to me to be something painfully easy. Of course the maple leaves,
canoes, and mountie uniforms are a labour of love (alright, not the canoes
for Peter), and the codecs issue is all the more special. Can someone
clarify the other potential costs? Lets know what it would involve. Then we
can assess our potential to winnow (a serious issue, but we can do no other
than trust those that volunteer).

Cheers,
Rob