Supporting Ubuntu growth

Mathieu Charron elwillow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 17:01:39 UTC 2006

I'm not giving up... ask my friend... I got 50 Ubuntu CD and distribute them
though the school computer department. They hate me now ;)

I just mean that it gonna be really hard to switch to Linux. I can, slowly
but surely. ie: MS have to put the compatibility for the open document type.

I will fight again MS, always... but, for gaming, I'll stick to windows...
:(
The only game I play, EVE-Online, is one of the first to announce their plan
to work with DirectX 10. I wish I could have dx10 on Linux.

On 8/1/06, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb at gnome.org> wrote:

> Mathieu Charron wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > "5. Sun Motor systems would make a car that was powered by the sun,
> > twice as
> > reliable, and five times as fast - but it would only run on 5 percent of
> > the
> > roads."
> >
> > we can't do more. well, maybe wait... and hope Microsoft go bankrupt!
>
> Did somebody say this wasn't a war ? Are we throwing in the towel that
> easily ?
>
> As long as ruthless organizations exists, they will invest all thier
> resources in maintaining thier own power and gaining more, regardless
> of the means.
> Corporations around the worlds are now morally bound to put profit first,
> even before human rights and safety, only some meager systems are in place
> to prevent chaos, like electronics safety boards, the drug association
> to approve new health hazerdous/addictive pills created by other power
> mongers like monsanto etc. even there... who is keeping them in check if
> not us ?
>
> ... still throwing in your towel this early in the game ?
>
> Cheers,
>                          -Tristan

Lumiere: "We, girls, should be elegant"
{Kiddy Grade}