64 bit platforms, and Micro-media "Flash"

Allen Graham allenggraham at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:52:00 UTC 2005

Hi all: re: 64 bit, AMD64
It seems Ubuntu has really lead the field producing a workable 64 bit o/s,
or platform, that perhaps no other org
has done. Certainly not Micro$oft. This has been driven home on the forums.
O.K., I naively wrote to Macromedia
and asked about a "64 bit" version. Response below (their 3rd reply to me
from my one request)

Hi Allen,
Thank you for contacting Macromedia Technical Support.
Currently there is no version of Shockwave and Flash Players that supports
64-bit platforms. As technical support is not privy to the release dates of
later version of our products, we encourage you to visit our website from time
to time to check for the Flash Player version that you want.
Thank you for understanding, we hope that this information has been of value.

Regards,
Xavier
Macromedia Technical Support
Got Questions?? The Macromedia Knowledge Base has answers!!
Quickly and efficiently access technical Macromedia information.
<http://www.macromedia.com/support/>
Please use your incident number 8442776 in any correspondence with us.
Macromedia Product Support
http://www.macromedia.com/support/

Does any other member here use a 64 bit platform ?

--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/allengg_2005/