DVD libdvdcss2

MF MagicFab at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 19:43:56 UTC 2005

Allen Graham a écrit :
> Well, most of know about the "legal" problem with decoding 'encrypted'
> DVD's, and that "libdvdcss2"
> has been taken down from many sites.
> My main and backup systems use 5.10, no DVD. BUT, my secondary system is
> 5.04
> and it has "libdvdcss" up and running so that I can watch DVD's , not burn
> them.
> LCD 19" monitor. DV-I, nice sound etc, much better than TV
> OK, does a repository anywhere in the world have "libdvdcss2" ?
> And, is there anyway for me to move the 'installed "libdvdcss" to 5.10, from
> Allen

I understand it's not in any repos anymore, you have to go to command
line to get it installed:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RestrictedFormats#head-cd84b8e23927ccdb4bb55ffd3074687abec0cf3b

It used to be you could apt-get install libdvdcss - not anyomer (too
easy, legal implications of being considered "accessory to crime" in
some countries).

F.