A tale of 2 websites

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sat May 28 21:33:02 UTC 2005

>  if we move forward with ubuntu.ca as is

unless I'm mistaken, it seems the only people this week who have
expressed any interest in working on the web page are people already
connected to the current ubuntu.ca.  If that's really the case, I
think that could soon settle this "debate" by default  :)

At one point when the dust settle down in incoming days, we will need
to update the info here:
  http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/LoCoTeamList

I personally think (but it is not a strong preference...) we should
publicly use the address "ubuntu-ca.org" since that is what is done
with most LoCo teams out there, but physically the web pages would sit
on the current ubuntu.ca server (with ubuntu.ca pointing to
ubuntu-ca.org).  I believe that should be possible with appropriate
DNS entries.

Probably the best way will be for our new contact person to get
involved with Matthias to make a final decision about this based on
what makes more sense from a technical point of view.

--
Daniel Robitaille