Time to regroup and move on.

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Wed May 25 16:22:06 UTC 2005

>  I am partial to the ubuntu/ca site.  I would like to see ubuntu-org
> redirect to ubuntu.ca to unify the presence.  There is a cost to the current
> hosting situation with ubuntu.ca.

I'm totally  in the dark about the setup and limitations of both
ubuntu-ca.org  and ubuntu.ca.  But is running whatever you have setup
on ubuntu.ca on the ubuntu-ca.org server  possible?  That would
eliminate the hosting cost.   Or that's not possible technically or
the migration would be too difficult?

As for the virtual servers route Andrew mentioned,  here is the quote
from the UDU document:
"We will ask Mike Reb (Brendan Hale's friend, works at linode.com) to
set up a system with Xen-hosted virtual servers for us. That server
will run private images for those teams which have more special
requirements (we've had one Apache2-related package conflict already).
A general server will be used for the "standard" case. (Mako is
following up on this.)"