wow what a day!

Antoine Cottin antoine.cottin at ete.inrs.ca
Tue May 3 15:27:25 UTC 2005

Hi All,

Alex Combas wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> We had lots of interesting discussions on the IRC today Here are
> some highlights and some questions that are raised:
>
> * Website: Ubuntu-fr CSS is ok to apply to our site. Lots of work
> to do. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Cool, please mention somewhere in small that the css comes from the
french community

> * Slogan: we could use about three catchy and funny slogans, Burg
> suggested "UbuntuCanada: bringing sanity to an acre of snow" Anyone
> else like to make a few suggestions?

Not enought fluente to participate, sorry

> * advertising-banners: how do people feel about putting google
> text-only banners on our site? It might be a good way to make a
> buck or two, we could use the money to help offset the cost that
> Ubuntu incurs by hosting our site.. it would be nice to help Ubuntu
> become a profitable distro and not just another Linux Money Hole.
> Or we could look at other ways to spend it, but first: Banners? or
> No-Banners?

I think it's a good idear, but let's be sober folks, ok !

> * Art: right now the site is 100% image free, do we want to keep it
> that way? Does anyone here have the skill to do a nice site banner
> for us?

I'm living and working near the Québec City University of Art. Maybe i
can try to find some on for our futur art/graphic productions ? even
if i like the logo already.

> * Freedom: shadowing says that he is interested in seeing more
> information on Liberty and Freedom on the net, and it got me to
> thinking: we could put a button on our site "Freedom" and link it
> to a page on the wiki discussing Liberty and Freedom in Canada and
> highlight how linux is the answer to some of those problems. Is
> there anyone else interested in such a project?

I just thought, to stick with the ubuntu meaning, let's rather talk
about humanity and freedom on the net.

> * Distro: shadowing also had a very exciting idea about producing
> an Inuit Ubuntu Distrobution for Canada. Burg is going to look into
> this further and will hopefully send an email the list soon... so
> I wont go any further, but it is a VERY interesting idea.
>
> *Damage: I broke the planet today, sorry guys. Somebody fix it!!
>
> * Website: made some temporary adjustments, take a look and report
> any problems.
>
> * News: What kind of news do we want to track on our website? Site
> news? Ubuntu news? Canadian news? All of the above? None of the
> above? What do you want to see?

All of the above if it's not to much work.

> Cheers

bye
Antoine

- --