Re: Ubuntu in Canada: Section en français sur Ubuntu.ca

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 19:06:09 UTC 2005

On a side note for whoever is currently working on ubuntu.ca, it seems
that e-mail was sent automatically from the online form on ubuntu.ca
after that person entered his message online.  The 3 problems with
that approach that we should be aware:

a)  that specific person is not a member of the list, so will not see
answers we send back to him via the list.  So please cc him for any
reply to his enquiry.

b) since he is not a member of the mailing list, the post had to be
manually approved for posting by one of the mailing list adminstrator
(currently Alex, Corey and me). That step is there so that no spam are
sent to the list.

c) it's not clear from the online form that whatever is entered in
that online form is not a private message, but one that is then
broadcasted to dozen of users via a mailing list.

I still think it is a good idea to have a online form, but maybe it
would be better if it was sent only to the Team Contact person instead
of the mailing list.

Daniel

On 08/06/05, René Ross <rene.ross at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> This is an enquiry e-mail via http://ubuntu.ca/en from:
> René Ross <rene.ross at sympatico.ca>
>
> Bonjour,
>
> Québécois francophone, j'utilise Ubuntu Kubuntu de puis quelques semaine. J'ai appris hier votre existence, lors du Meetup du GULUS.
>
> Je ne trouve pas de section francophone sur votre site. Je serais disponible pour travailler sur un tel projet.
>
> J'ai produis quelque poste [Tutoriel] sur le site de Ubuntu-fr.org (voir les postes de "Lami" sur le site).
>
> Pourriez-vous me mettre en contact avec d'autres membre francophone de Ubuntu.ca ?
>
> Merci.
>
> René Ross

Daniel Robitaille