Canadian Localized Applications

Ryan Thiessen ryan at ryanthiessen.com
Wed Jun 8 05:24:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Daniel Robitaille wrote:

> not sure what the contains, but (and note the first one "-ca"...):
>
> $ apt-cache search firefox | grep region
> mozilla-firefox-locale-ca - Mozilla Firefox Catalan language/region package

Well, we'd be -en-ca not -ca :-) but still, those are just language packs.
As far as I know (apt-file seach mozilla-firefox-locale | grep bookmark)
none of those lanaguage packs contain bookmarks etc.  Though I suppose
there is no good reason why we couldn't do this -- but if it's not regular
ubuntu policy perhaps there is a reason for this?

Cheers,
-rt-