Voting time?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 03:10:30 UTC 2005

I guess it's time to organize a vote.  According to the wiki
(http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/CanadianLocoContactVote), we have 2
candidates for the job of Team contact:  Andrew VanSpronsen and Myles
Braithwaite.  It has been over a week since we have discussed this
vote, so I cannot see anyone else putting their name forward for the
job after all this time; but if someone else wants the job, please say
so in the next few hours!

So let's get this show on the road :)

The voting rules have been on that wiki page for a very long time:

    * nominees do not vote
    * only members of the mailing list may vote
    * voting will be done via the mailing list during the voting window

We haven't decided on a voting period.  I suggest we vote next week,
from June 6 (00:00 UTC)  to June 12 in the evening (00:00 UTC).

Since our rules state that it will done in public via the mailing
list, I suggest the best way next week will be for us to send our
votes to the list with a big "[VOTE]" in the subject line of our
emails.

Personally, before I cast my vote, I would really like to hear from
both candidates why I should vote for you.

Daniel

--
Daniel Robitaille