[Bug 514782] Re: brasero fails to recognise dvdrw drive and/or media
ddecator at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 20:21:26 GMT 2010
** Description changed:
Binary package hint: brasero
- As of about yesterday, Brasero no longer recognises the DVD+RW drive (or
- perhaps it's the media?) that I've been using for ages. I've installed
- K3b, and that works just fine. This seems to have started since I
- blanked a DVD+RW disc in the drive from right-clicking it on the desktop
- and selecting "erase".
+ Steps to reproduce bug:
+ 1. Insert a DVD-RW disc into the DVD-RW drive
+ 2. Erase the media on the disc
+ 3. Attempt to burn something new onto the disc
- Win7 has no problem with the drive or media either.
+ What should happen:
+ Brasero detects the disc and burns medio onto it.
- I would gladly provide more information if anyone can tell me what would
- be useful.
+ Observed behavior:
+ Brasero does not detect the disc that it just erased. Other applications are able to detect the disc.
- ProblemType: Bug
- Architecture: amd64
- Date: Sat Jan 30 19:08:58 2010
+ Temporary workaround:
+ Use another disc burning application.
+ Other notes:
+ Brasero sometimes doesn't recognize discs with media on them, although this happens only about 1/10 times and can be fixed by manually unmounting and remounting the media.
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
- InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release amd64 (20091027.1)
- NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
- Package: brasero 2.28.2-0ubuntu1
- PATH=(custom, user)
- ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-18.55-generic
- SourcePackage: brasero
- Uname: Linux 2.6.31-18-generic x86_64
** Summary changed:
- brasero fails to recognise dvdrw drive and/or media
+ Brasero fails to recognize erased DVD-RW media
Brasero fails to recognize erased DVD-RW media
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Burning Team, which is subscribed to brasero in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-burning