[Bug 372067] [NEW] U9.04:Brasero: DVD.iso md5sum is different with the source using H-L ODD.
Launchpad Bug Tracker
372067 at bugs.launchpad.net
Tue May 12 02:08:11 BST 2009
You have been subscribed to a public bug:
As the system configured with H-L optical disc writer to create an DVD.iso image from the source, the md5 checksum of the image is different from the source.
However, by burning the image to the disc and verify the md5sum, the checksum is the same as the source disc again.
Further verification: By installing another burining application called
"K3B" does not have this issue occurred.
Steps to replicate:
1. Ensure the system is installed with Ubuntu 9.04 (Dell-reinstall) and configured with H-L (Hitachi-LG) optical disc writer.
2. Insert a data DVD into the optical drive and launch the Brasero application.
3. Create an .iso image of the disc.
4. As finished, execute the command "md5sum XXX.iso" under the Terminal. (where XXX is the name of the .iso image)
5. Again, execute the command "md5sum /dev/cdrom" under the Terminal.
6. Observe the md5 checksum reported from both. (i.e. - Both checksums are different)
System Architecture: i686
Kernel version: 2.6.28-11-generic
CPU: Intel Cel 450
Chipset: Intel G41 + ICH7
HDD: Western Digital 80GB
ODD: H-L Data Storage GT10N F/W: A104
Memory: Hynix DDR2 800 1GB
Audio Chipset: Conexant CX20582-10Z
LVDS: LG Philips 17" / LG Philips 19"
Card Reader: VIA VT6325
LAN: Realtek R8111DL
** Affects: brasero (Ubuntu)
U9.04:Brasero: DVD.iso md5sum is different with the source using H-L ODD.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Burning Team, which is subscribed to brasero in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-burning