[Bug 307477] Re: DVDRAM GSA-T50L will not write DVD's or CD's
jdawgaz at cox.net
Fri Feb 13 13:42:53 GMT 2009
I put a CD in, and I was able to read the directory, and see one of the
files for a minute,
Here is what happened.
1. put a cd in the drive
2. hear the cd spin up.
3. cdrom appears on the gnome desktop
4. click on icon
5. see directory -- woohoo
6. navigate to dir, and click on file
7. drive speeds up, will NOT stop
8. can't see contents
9. can't stop drive from the speed up.
10. try to 'eject', and will not
11. dmesg > file (which I have attached)
12. because eject won't work, and I fear that my drive whirling at a very fast pace, will do some damage, I hurredly shutdown the laptop.
attached is the dmesg I took before laptop was shutdown.
JUST WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET YOU TO NOTICE THIS?????
** Attachment added: "cdrom.dmesg.out"
DVDRAM GSA-T50L will not write DVD's or CD's
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Burning Team, which is subscribed to dvd+rw-tools in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-burning