[Bug 307957] [NEW] brasero crashes when trying to burn a file with a "#" in its name
markus.lobedann at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 20:57:09 GMT 2008
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: brasero
This happens to me on:
Package Version is:
Brasero to burn a CD.
When you try to burn a data-cd with a file on it which has a filename containing a "#" brasero quits with a segmentation fault.
Steps to reproduce :
1. create a new data-project
2. add the file "test #555.txt" (i attached it to this bug-report. you may try a different file with a "#" in its name since it originally crashed on me due to a different file)
3. click on the burn-button in the lower right corner of brasero
4. you may either chose your cd-burner or an image-file as the destination. its crashes with both (originally chrashed on me during burning a cd. can be reproduced with an image-file though). makes no difference if you change any of the other options here.
5. click the burn-button, it will crash immediately and you don't know where during the burn process. if this was one file out of many you want to burn you will see that it crashes during the creation of the checksum for the image-file.
A few of these guidelines to recreate the bug may be a bit off since i
am doing this in a german environment and don't know the proper english
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 8.10
Package: brasero 0.8.2-0ubuntu1
Uname: Linux 2.6.27-9-generic i686
** Affects: brasero (Ubuntu)
** Tags: apport-bug
brasero crashes when trying to burn a file with a "#" in its name
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Burning Team, which is subscribed to brasero in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-burning