Fwd: ubuntu and problems with grub handling??

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 15:51:51 UTC 2020

@Sai:

Thanks for the post on this . . . .  Your "assumption" was more or less
correct, I didn't fiddle with /etc/grub . . . because I did see other posts
where guys were saying, "I changed xxx and it didn't fix the problem . . .
."  My "solution" was to "chroot" over to the OpenSUSE partition and use
os-prober to revive grub . . . and that "worked" . . . but then each time
ubuntu flavors had an update, again grub was broken . . . .  I then found I
can use Super Grub 2 disk and it can get me to OpenSUSE . . . but, still, a
pain to have to do that after apt updates in ubuntu have broken the grub
links to all but itself . . . .

Then we have the one bug report with like 43 people posting that "it
affects them" . . . but the devs were acting like, "this is normal" . . .
????  There has been a problem, yep, I think it goes back to 18.04 and it
seemingly is still happening in 20.10 . . . .  There should have been a
better effort to get on this problem a long time back . . . but, seemingly,

When I get back to one of my ubuntu flavors in a day or three I'll check
into your suggestions and see if that helps staunch the wackiness . . . .