I'm stopping contributing

Jeffrey Lane jeff at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 8 17:56:39 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Ian Bruntlett <ian.bruntlett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jono,
>
> On 8 June 2017 at 17:22, Jono Bacon <jono at jonobacon.com> wrote:
>
>> There is a huge amount of value in video communication, and it can be an
>> easier form of communication for non native-English speakers too.
>>
> Yes, I appreciate that. My point of view is that, whilst I would like to
> make time available to watch YouTube messages, I don't have the time.

This is my concern as well (my only concern). I simply don't have time
to devote to watching videos that range anywhere from 30 seconds to 30
minutes,  when I could easily read/skim an email in a matter of
seconds.

My opinion may be a bit moot, as I'm more a lurker on mailing lists
these days, but I do try to follow interesting threads to stay current
on what's going on in the community, and there's a big discord for me
on this topic because I can only really see half the conversation.

Otherwise, as Jono says, live and let live.