[Ubuntu-bugcontrol] I have written a draft for the Reporting Bugs guide

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 01:28:26 UTC 2017

On one hand we have meritocracies, like GNOME, where some people have
the final saying about what things are going to be.

On the other we have democracies, like Debian, where all the decisions
shall be agreed before taken on.

The first one has the drawback of usually ignoring individual needs, and
favoring some people's agendas over the others. The second one usually
ends in long discussions, some clueless people included in brain
surgery, and eventually in very little job done.

What I'm proposing is that we take an hybrid approach. That we come and
agree in what the output of the work should be, and what's important for
everyone. But that we trust that the person in charge of that will come
with a solution themselves.

Once the work is done we can simply see if it fits the agreed output
well enough to start with. And if it doesn't to correct it till it does.

After that we can polish the small details with real world feedback. We
can provide a link to ask to the Quality mailing list, and if someone
seems to have recurring trouble with something in the manual, just
correct it immediately.

Have third opinions if you wish:

- Steve Jobs, founder of Apple:
   (https://youtu.be/f60dheI4ARg)

- Richard Branson, founder of Virgin:
   (https://youtu.be/VH35Iz9veM0?t=3m2s)

- 37 Signals, creators of Ruby on Rails:
   (https://goo.gl/q5K1Iv)

- Robert Kiyosaki, rich and author of the bestseller "Rich Dad Poor Dad"
   (https://youtu.be/xyY5YMV2woU)