Unity 7 & Compiz bug triage

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:04:08 UTC 2015

Will Cooke:
> In order for us to best target our efforts we need to have a clear view
> of which bugs are causing the biggest pain points.

Set importance first and do everything else later. Then the effort will
go to the optimal place:
<http://abc-aluminum.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/infographic_5S-e1422991779675.png>

Also if the software is in production and frequently used, focus on
confirmed bugs for the latest releases. Everything else usually is just
noise, and usually users confirm themselves bugs that are really
important for them.

The idea behind this is that doing 90% well is better than doing 100%
well, as that additional 10% usually takes greats amounts of extra work.
There's never time for doing everything, but always time for doing the
important things:
<http://image.slidesharecdn.com/rework-110210003758-phpapp02/95/rework-36-728.jpg?cb=1297298986>

Simple and straightforward, over correct. Go dirty testing new
approaches, just go dirty piece by piece and it will be both innovative
and stable.

Will Cooke:
 > Heat is a useful metric here.

The ideal solution is shorting by importance first, and then by heat:
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/One%20Hundred%20Papercuts/Triage/Lists%20of%20bugs>

Thank you!