Utopic test writing hackfest

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Wed Jul 16 20:44:27 UTC 2014

On 07/14/2014 01:55 PM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
> On 06/26/2014 03:51 PM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
>> In addition to the bug hug + testing days, I'd like to also schedule
>> some hackfests to get our tests in shape. What's a hackfest?
>>
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Hackfest
>>
>> We have some outstanding needs on both the automated and manual test
>> writing efforts. Elfy has already stepped forward to help out on the
>> manual test front (thank you much!), while perhaps still unbeknownst
>> to the QA folks, they'll be helping me on the automated test front
>> :-) Thanks Leo et la!
>>
>> So what are we going to be hacking on? If you know python and have
>> some autopilot knowledge (or willing to learn), we are going to be
>> hacking on the toolkit helper for autopilot for the ubuntu sdk.
>> That's a mouthful! Specifically it's the helpers that we use for
>> writing autopilot tests against ubuntu-sdk applications. All app
>> developers make use of these helpers, and we need more of them to
>> ensure we have good coverage for all components developers use.
>>
>> If you don't know python, we still need help writing manual
>> testcases! All you need is some basic tester knowledge and the
>> ability to write in English. Don't worry, we'll be around to help,
>> and there's guides to well, guide you! Specifically we'll be looking
>> at writing and finishing some testcases for ubuntu studio and some
>> other flavors.
>>
>> The first is scheduled for July 15th from 1900-2200 UTC. Complete
>> details, guides, work items, etc are all being collected on the event
>> page:
>>
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Hackfest/20140715
>>
>> Questions? Ask away! hope to see everyone there!
>>
>> Nicholas
> Just a reminder this hackfest will be tomorrow. We'll be doing demos
> again on ubuntuonair.com, so be sure to join us there!
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Hackfest/20140715
>
> Nicholas
For those who missed it, it's not too late to both watch the video and
try your hand at some of the tasks listed on the hackfest. Bugs are
still open and we still need your help!

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Hackfest/20140715
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lAmjBr-Khw

Feel free to ping myself, elopio, or elfy if you get stuck or need help
getting started. Thanks everyone!

Nicholas