Work-flow prototype

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 11:15:10 UTC 2014

Work-flow illustrates *both *pile importance and typical bug flow:

  * Bug *flow* begins with step 1, and ends with step 5.
  * But pile *importance* is the opposite: the highest importance is for
    step 5, and the lowest is for step 1.

Although people can *freely choose* where to contribute:

  * They're *clearly shown* where help is more needed.
  * They're *asked to stop* working when next step is congested.

*So* work-flow:

  * First *liberates congestion* at the end of the flow, so previous
    steps begin to move too.
  * Is *visual* how work is flowing, so it's also easy to improve it and
    choose where to work.
  * Creates value *constantly* to the Ubuntu OS, so also constant
    improvements in users' satisfaction and constant returns to the project.
  * Takes advantage of *every piece of work* done, and makes work much
    more *easier to understand*. So users will be much more prone to help.
  * Changes the need to check for errors in the hole report to checking
    only if previous step was okay, making the process zero-defects
    and*mistake resistant*.
  * Since errors in bug handling are not discovered in latter steps, but
    immediately in next step, this also makes the management to
    *accelerate*.

And for *warranting* this work-flow will respond well to any situation,
I designed it testing over the "Ubuntu" project, not the "One Hundred
Papercuts" project only. So only step 1 is specific to papercuts management.

On the other hand, it's very probable I'll *divide* step 4 (fix a
papercut) into more steps. So please subscribe
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/One%20Hundred%20Papercuts/Work-flow?action=subscribe>
to the page and you'll receive notifications when work-flow is changed.

Thank you 😊