Triaging Documentation bugs

Peter Matulis peter.matulis at canonical.com
Fri Dec 5 20:06:00 UTC 2014

On 12/05/2014 11:40 AM, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
> Oops, forgot to include the documentation and OP in my reply so I'm
> leaving my original response below. Please reply all folks.
>
> Anywho, the documentation is as much code as a web page is and let's
> remember that various Ubuntu web sites are managed on Launchpad and
> held by the same triage processes. In fact, it appears to be XML,
> e.g.:
> https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/serverguide/trunk/files/head:/serverguide/C/
>
> That being said, I'm not sure we need to treat this differently, but
> if the Documentation Team sees some reason to have a unique workflow,
> that's certainly something we can discuss.

I don't see any reason why we would need a special workflow.  That would
just lead to unwarranted complications.  I just wanted to make sure
everyone is in agreement on how to use bug statuses.

To recap,

1. 'Confirmed' normally precedes 'Triage'
2. 'Confirmed' never follows 'Triage'
3. If 'Triage' is ever used before 'Confirmed' the latter is implied
4. The current state of 'New' is the proper one for the bug in question [1].

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/serverguide/+bug/1327173

Peter Matulis
Server Guide cheerleader and Bug Squad member