Dragging desktop Icon error/esktop freeze Saucy Ubuntu 13.10

e nostromo17 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 16:17:33 UTC 2014

several times of late I drag an icon and release it and then
the desktop freezes up after an error popup window pops up
and I can''t close the window or open any programs from the program bar
and have to reboot to free the desktop

the latter seems like a new developement hence this note I have an
updated system as of 2 APr 2014

perhaps unrelated at boot up on the text screen leading to desktop
something about caching mode sd6 sd7 (perhaps just a usb device/drive
report)