Kubuntu 13.10 beta2 amd64 installation report

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 30 22:05:43 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 05:53:30PM -0400, Thomas Ward wrote:
> Franco,
>
> On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Franco Martelli <martellif67 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > installation process doesn't ask for root password forcing user to use
> > "sudo passwd" command in order to change it once installation is completed
>
> Ubuntu doesn't configure a root password by default.  Unlike other
> distributions which do that, Ubuntu does not set the root password by
> default.
>
> The user who is set up during installation will have the ability to
> use `sudo` to run commands with the superuser permission set, and it
> has been that way for a long long time.
>

> > Installation process in italian language still contain untranslated items
>
> This information may need to be referred to the Translations team.
>

> > On my system installation process once completed successfully at the
> > end return a black screen waiting user to hit "Enter" key to reboot
> > but he isn't advised on this.
>
> This might be a bug against `ubiquity` and should probably be filed as such.

Actually, if I understand the situation correctly (and the user does not
see the message that says something like "Remove the installation CD and
press Enter to reboot") this is after the installation has completed and
could be an issue with plymouth or the video driver.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master