What we have learned from the Bug Day

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 10:31:39 UTC 2013

El 25/09/13 05:50, Daniel Letzeisen escribió:

>> I am not 100% against it. But, in this case, I would like to be able
>> to unilaterally close the bug invalid if the minimum required data is
>> not there.
> Agreed. If an advanced user goes out of the way to file a bug report
> directly not using the tools, s/he should have some technical insight
> into the issue or it's a really obvious bug (like a typo in a package
> description).

I think marking it as 'incomplete' and asking the user for further
information is enough; since the bot 'Lauchpad Janitor' will clean it
automatically in 60 days, and there's no need for the user to write a
new report if he's interested in helping.

El 25/09/13 05:50, Daniel Letzeisen escribió:
> I'd love it if every bug was tagged with an associated release(s), and
> once all the releases were EOL, the bug would automatically become
> Incomplete and Expire unless a user indicated it still affects them in
> a current release.

Yes, a good solution will be perhaps a bot marking the report as
'incomplete' and saying:

    Please, if you are still experiencing this bug:
    - Change its status to 'confirmed' or 'triaged'
    - Tag it with the names of the Ubuntu releases where you find it
    (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases)

Also will be a good idea the bot to complete the tag list of 'confirmed'
bugs with the names of currently supported releases from the release the
bug has been notified to the latest tagged.