[Ubuntu Wiki] Update of "Bugs/Responses" by paul-climbing

Ubuntu Wiki noreply at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 27 18:02:57 UTC 2013

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ubuntu Wiki" for change notification.

The "Bugs/Responses" page has been changed by paul-climbing:
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses?action=diff&rev1=370&rev2=371

Comment:
Update latest development version of Ubuntu: Trusty Tahr

  Before using this, ''please'' check "rmadison <package>" to see if the package version has changed between when the bug was reported and the current development release.  If it has not changed, there is no need to ask.  If it has changed, check the changelog (via aptitude changelog $PKGNAME) to see if this issue has been specifically addressed.

- ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better.  The issue that you reported is one that should be reproducible with the live environment of the Desktop ISO of the development release - Saucy Salamander.  It would help us greatly if you could test with it so we can work on getting it fixed in the next release of Ubuntu.  You can find out more about the development release at http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/ .  Thanks again and we appreciate your help.||
+ ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better.  The issue that you reported is one that should be reproducible with the live environment of the Desktop ISO of the development release - Trusty Tahr.  It would help us greatly if you could test with it so we can work on getting it fixed in the next release of Ubuntu.  You can find out more about the development release at http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/ .  Thanks again and we appreciate your help.||

  == Missing a crash report or having a .crash attachment  ==

@@ -208, +208 @@

  ## Also we are actively promoting testing the development release of Ubuntu so something like this could be added:

- ## ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> The issue that you reported is one that should be reproducible with the live environment of the Desktop ISO of the development release - Saucy Salamander.  It would help us greatly if you could test with it so we can work on getting it fixed in the actively developed release.  You can find out more about the development release at http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/ ||
+ ## ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> The issue that you reported is one that should be reproducible with the live environment of the Desktop ISO of the development release - Trusty Tahr.  It would help us greatly if you could test with it so we can work on getting it fixed in the actively developed release.  You can find out more about the development release at http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/ ||

  == Packages not provided by Ubuntu ==
@@ -221, +221 @@

  The bug's state should become '''Fix Released''' and if the package qualifies for a [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Procedure|Stable Release Update (SRU)]]:

- ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. However, I am closing it because the bug has been fixed in the latest development version of Ubuntu - Saucy Salamander. <<BR>><<BR>> This is a significant bug in Ubuntu. If you need a fix for the bug in previous versions of Ubuntu, please perform as much as possible of the SRU Procedure [1] to bring the need to a developer's attention. <<BR>><<BR>> [1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Procedure ||
+ ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. However, I am closing it because the bug has been fixed in the latest development version of Ubuntu - Trusty Tahr. <<BR>><<BR>> This is a significant bug in Ubuntu. If you need a fix for the bug in previous versions of Ubuntu, please perform as much as possible of the SRU Procedure [1] to bring the need to a developer's attention. <<BR>><<BR>> [1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Procedure ||

  The bug's state should become '''Fix Released''' and if the package does not qualify for a SRU because it is considered a minor bug and the package can be backported:

- ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. However, I am closing it because the bug has been fixed in the latest development version of Ubuntu - Saucy Salamander.<<BR>><<BR>> If you need a fix for the bug in previous versions of Ubuntu, please follow the instructions for "Requesting a Backport" at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports#Requesting_a_Backport ||
+ ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. However, I am closing it because the bug has been fixed in the latest development version of Ubuntu - Trusty Tahr.<<BR>><<BR>> If you need a fix for the bug in previous versions of Ubuntu, please follow the instructions for "Requesting a Backport" at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports#Requesting_a_Backport ||

  The bug's state should become '''Fix Released''' and if the package can not be backported:

- ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. However, I am closing it because the bug has been fixed in the latest development version of Ubuntu - Saucy Salamander. It won't be fixed in previous versions of Ubuntu because the package doesn't fit the requirements for backporting. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports for more information. ||
+ ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. However, I am closing it because the bug has been fixed in the latest development version of Ubuntu - Trusty Tahr. It won't be fixed in previous versions of Ubuntu because the package doesn't fit the requirements for backporting. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports for more information. ||

  == Reported by someone not respecting the Code of Conduct ==