Hugday needed

melchiaros melchiaros at aol.com
Thu Mar 14 17:36:14 UTC 2013

Am 14.03.2013 15:53, schrieb Brian Murray:
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 02:10:05PM +0100, melchiaros wrote:
>> Am 11.03.2013 20:44, schrieb Walter Garcia-Fontes:
>>> * Fabio Marconi, marconifabio at hotmail.it [11/03/13 20:32]:

>>> Thanks Fabio
>>>
>>> +1
>>>
>> There is one candidate I would like to suggest.
>>
>> It is more about infrastructure than userspace, but those of you who
>> help out sometimes in the "Answers" section know that there is
>> sometimes heavy trouble caused from.
>>
>> It is the package
>>
>> ubuntu-release-upgrader
>>
>> In my experience it is nothing worser than a system that fails
>> on/after upgrade.
>>
>> Regarding to
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-release-upgrader
>>
>> we have only 99 bugs open and with this much less then on totem(>300
>> when I remember correct), but they are harder to handle.
>>
>> Mostly users give only a weak description, of the kind of "it do not
>> upgrade".
> For those bug reports you'll want to have the reporter gather the files
> from /var/log/dist-upgrade/.  There is an apport package hook for
> ubuntu-release-upgrader which will automatically gather the right files.
>
> Also keep in mind that ubuntu-release-upgrader is new package in Quantal
> so it is only correct package for upgrades from Precise to Quantal or
> Quantal to Raring.  If you were to find a bug regarding an upgrade from
> Oneiric to Precise the correct package is update-manager.  Additionally,
> were you to go through all 99 open bugs it might be good to look at
> update-manager bug reports for ones which should really be about
> ubuntu-release-upgrader.
>
>> So here would be log reading a task that comes to us, to identifiy
>> what is the same(and I expect that there are some dublicates hidden)
>> and what is not.
>>
>> What do you think about?
> Let me know what day you want to do this and I'll be happy to help out.
>
> --
> Brian Murray
> Ubuntu Bug Master

Hi to all,

if I would do the organisation it would be someday in this month.

This is not Precise(:)) and a bit far away.

Sorry, but you can not see my desk(->you would understand than).

@Fabio

Well, have you some timeslots free for organisation Fabio?

I am offline now for some days.

greetings

melchiaros