Launchpad bug report -- which package?

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 9 15:48:49 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 12:11:15PM -0500, Doug Parker wrote:
> I'm about to submit a Launchpad bug report.
>
> I'm on a Mac G5 PowerPC running OS X 10.5.8 and Ubuntu 12.04.01 dual
> installed using yaboot, and it's about some rfkill output that may solve a
> b43 broadcom wireless problem for powerpc users. I'm kinda proud of what
> I've uncovered so far...
>
> Here's my question: when opening the Launchpad report, under what package
> do I submit it? I'm lost on that one...
>
> 2nd question: I'm a pretty smart guy, but I can't figure out the doorway in
> to Launchpad to actually create the bug report. I mean... I can't figure
> out where on Launchpad to actually get started on the bug report. Can you
> help, pretty please?

The ideal way to report a bug is using the command 'ubuntu-bug' on the
affected system as it will gather detailed information regarding the
system which will aid developers in debugging the issue.  A good package
to use with ubuntu-bug for this particular issue is linux - so
'ubuntu-bug linux'.

--
Brian Murray