Low bug triage activity all around

Omer Akram om26er at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 1 17:21:41 UTC 2013

Hey all,

I have been involved in bug triage for a while in Ubuntu and it seems this
scene is not that active it used to be although alot of great folks from
our community are highly devoted.

I am not sure about the reason behind that but one thing I am sure is that
previously we had running efforts like "Bug Days" where a certain package
was selected and all of the Ubuntu Bug Squad was invited to participate in
triaging those bugs.

Another reason which could be related is that now there is no one in the
Ubuntu desktop team (or Canonical) to lead the effort of Bug management and
community involvement previously Pedro played a big role there.

So I think we need to think of some ways to improve the situation and get
more people involved into this effort. Does anyone have
suggestions/comments about this matter.

Thanks