[Community Ubuntu Documentation] Update of "ReportingBugs" by chris-bainbridge

Help Ubuntu webmaster at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 23 17:52:35 UTC 2013

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Community Ubuntu Documentation" for change notification.

The "ReportingBugs" page has been changed by chris-bainbridge:
http://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs?action=diff&rev1=227&rev2=228

Comment:
well apport-cli seems to work

  }}}
  Save, close, and try to file the crash report again via: {{{
  ubuntu-bug /var/crash/_my_crash_report.crash
- }}} (NOTE: this not appear to work on Ubuntu 12.04.2 - once started, ubuntu-bug will state "The application X has closed unexpectedly. [Show details] [Leave Closed] [Relaunch]". There is no option to upload the crash report.'')
+ }}} (NOTE: this not appear to work on Ubuntu 12.04.2 - once started, ubuntu-bug will state "The application X has closed unexpectedly. [Show details] [Leave Closed] [Relaunch]". There is no option to upload the crash report.'' Instead do 'apport-cli /var/crash/_my_crash_report.crash' whcih does seem to work.)

  /!\ apport will appear to upload a crash report, but only actually does so if whoopsie is installed. Whoopsie is installed by default for users of ubuntu-desktop, but for users of alternative desktops, or for server users, whoopsie has to be installed manually with ''apt-get install whoopsie''. See [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xubuntu-meta/+bug/1001630|bug #1001630]] for details.

@@ -242, +242 @@

  After copying it to a different system you can file that report using the following command:<<BR>>`ubuntu-bug -c` ''`<apport_file.extension>`''

- /!\ 'ubuntu-bug -c x.crash'  does not work for crash reports from stable Ubuntu releases, see [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/apport/+bug/997283|bug #997283]] crash reports "do not get filed to Launchpad any more...  we don't want crash reports for the non-development version on Launchpad." A possible workaround is detailed above in the section "Reporting an application crash > Stable release"
+ /!\ 'ubuntu-bug -c x.crash'  does not work for crash reports from stable Ubuntu releases, see [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/apport/+bug/997283|bug #997283]] crash reports "do not get filed to Launchpad any more...  we don't want crash reports for the non-development version on Launchpad." A possible workaround is detailed above in the section "Reporting an application crash > Stable release": UPDATE: 'apport-cli -c x.crash' seems to work

  If this is to be added to an existing bug report, also use the -u option:<<BR>>`ubuntu-bug -c` ''`<apport_file.extension>`'' `-u` ''`<bug number>`''