12.10 - crash & reboots.

James Lee oizhztl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 18:12:04 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm glad to find this contact information and hope this is a correct way
to seek a help.

My kernel is identified as:
Linux fx4100 3.5.0-24-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Thu Feb 7 01:50:30 UTC 2013
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

My system randomly crashes during normal tasks such as Firefox web
browsing, Thunderbird mail checking, VM machine
running and basically anytime unexpected.

The symptom is that the screen (the mouse pointer or cursor) freezes all
of sudden - no patterns, no specific time, as short as 10 minutes after
a boot-up and as long as 2 days last but surely it happens - wait 3 sec,
and then reboots without any error message. Therefore, I was never given
a chance to the DebuggingProcedures described in here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProcedures

I attach the log files as attachments in a wish to solve this riddle.

Should you require further information, I'm willing to submit them.
I look forward to seeing Ubuntu team resolve this critical issue in the
near future. Thank you!

Kind Regards,
James Lee