Where to find proper bugs

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 11 20:07:46 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 04:17:20PM +0200, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Dear BugSquad,
>
>    I'm looking to apply for Ubuntu BugControl, but most bugs from the
>    hundred I worked on seem too easy to consider me proficient on
>    managing them. Do you know how I could find bugs where I will be
>    able to clearly demonstrate I'm capable of doing it properly?
>    because I'm finding discovering proper bugs somehow much harder for
>    me than actually triaging them.

In my experience bugs that have more details are more likely to be
successfully triaged and bugs reported via apport have lots of system
information added to them.  Additionally, apport automatically tags bug
reports when they are reported some of these tags include apport-bug,
apport-package, and apport-crash.  Subsequently, I would either search
for bugs with this tag or customize Launchpad's bug listing to show
tags.

Thanks and good luck!
--
Brian Murray